We have a 25 questions interview with Marija of The Exclusive Beauty Diary. Keep reading to find out more.
1. Who is the person behind The Exclusive Beauty Diary blog?
Marija Bugarski, a girl who loves to write about perfumes, makeup and skin care products. While I spend my free time taking walks in nature, visiting galleries and museums, as well as reading. Art, nature and books are three sources of everyday inspiration.
2. Are you a shy person or an outgoing person?
I can say for myself that I am an open person. I used to be shy in my childhood, but I’ve changed over the years and now I’m meeting new people and making friends with thrill and a smile on my face.
3. Do you read labels before you buy cosmetic products?
Sometimes, but not always and not for all products. For example, when I’m buying skin care items I like to read the list of ingredients, however not for makeup or perfumes.
4. Which chemical in cosmetics do you absolutely hate?
Hate is too strong a word which I rarely use in my vocabulary, but upon purchasing products I try to avoid those with parabens, because testing showed that I’m allergic to them.
5. Have you ever experienced any allergic reaction after using a certain product?
Yes. Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Multi-Correcting Cream caused redness and allergic reaction on my face, and I wrote a blog post about that experience, along with a review of the product itself.
6. Subtle makeup look or a bold one, which one do you prefer for your daily look?
For daily look I regularly choose subtle and neutral makeup.
7. What’s your definition of beauty?
Beauty is what we carry in ourselves and it always emerges outward from within, not the other way around.
8. What trend looks scary to you?
At the moment I can think of two: bubble nails and wavy eyebrows. Regardless of how responsive I may be toward new trends, these two I simply can’t understand.
9. Have you ever faced acne problems?
In my teenage years I had acne due to hormonal issues, but I wouldn’t call it problematic because they disappeared after that period. I’m very grateful to have a clear face.
10. Do you ever buy products out of curiosity?
I guess that’s applicable to all products that I buy. To be more precise, I’m curious about the effects and results they produce. For me, searching for new products is one big enjoyable adventure.
11. How important is an attractive product packaging?
Alluring and interesting packaging is what draws my attention and therefore important, but I regard the product inside as much more significant. There’s no sense in buying an item just because of pretty emballage.
12. Which brand has the most attractive packaging?
This is a difficult question to answer. There are several brands that unmistakeably delights me with packing of their products, but I would single out Chanel whose beautiful and timeless packaging never falls out of style. While in domain of perfumes it would definitely be By Killian whose bottles and the presentation itself embodies a breathtaking luxury and elegance.
13. Name a cosmetic product you avoid using in summer?
Full coverage foundation. I refrain from wearing powders during summer in general, but if the occasion demands it, then it’s one with serum which at the same time nurses my skin, such as La Mer Soft Fluid Long Wear Foundation.
14. Name a cosmetic brand you avoid during winter?
Lancaster Beauty. In my opinion they have the best products for sun protection and I use them exclusively in summer months. I couldn’t say that I evade them in winter, but then I’m not in dire need for similar preparations.
15. Which face wash is your favourite?
Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with cottonseed. After I tried it for the first time, I return to it without exception and I don’t know how many bottles I depleted so far. I like how it purifies my skin and render it taut and perfectly clean.
16. Which colour lipstick do you prefer during summer?
All kinds of pink and coral. To me, summer is a season ideal for more intensive colors.
17. Which colour lipstick do you prefer during autumn?
Nude. With the beginning of autumn and change of colors in nature and leaves, I too turn to earthy tones and nude shades which are perfect for this season.
18. Which beauty product do you recommend to all the girls for summer?
Certainly the face cream with SPF as high as possible and with a light color. My advice is to apply it throughout the whole year, because nowadays the sunrays are extremely dangerous and can harm our skin and initiate premature aging or wrinkles. Cream with SPF is an absolute must.
19. Which beauty product will you never recommend for summer?
HD and full coverage foundation. Combination of heat and sweat can clog the pores, prevent the skin from breathing and provoke unwanted consequences.
20. Suppose, there is only one beauty product left in the world. What do you wish it should be?
Lipstick. I’m a great fan of lipsticks and I constantly browse for new hues and textures. Sometimes I wear lipstick as the only beauty product and I rarely leave the house without it.
21. Which makeup tool is always in your handbag?
Mirror with the additional hair brush. I originally bought this multifunctional tool in high school and since then It’s a standard occupant of my purse. Every time I check my makeup I can also brush my hair.
22. Do you believe in using anti-ageing creams?
I have used and still using some anti-aging creams because I believe that they can help the skin and supply it with necessary nutrients which with years our body is no longer able to procure in the same quantities as when we were younger. However, I don’t perceive them as a Holy Grail that can stop aging process, it can only be slowed down thanks to proper diet, exercise and positive mindset. I find a special kind of beauty in “dignified aging” in which we doesn’t strive to hide every little wrinkle or polish our face to look like a plastic doll.
23. What product would you gladly splurge on?
Perfumes. My collection grows from month to month, each of them is unique and holds exquisite tinges that evokes different memories and emotions in me, and I just can’t resist them.
24. Do you regret purchasing any product?
Above mentioned Lancôme Visionnaire cream, together with The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid and Granactive Retinoid Emulsion. Before each purchasing I perform thorough research, read multiple reviews and watch YouTube videos and then decide whether I really need some product and do I want to include it in my assortment. With such principle I save myself from frantic buying and disappointment and, aside from these failures, I’m quite satisfied with the rest of it.
25. What three beauty tips would you recommend to our readers?
- Drink a lot of water. Hydration is paramount for our body and with a felicitous intake our skin will be appreciative and appear much better.
- Include facial massage in your care routine. If you’re unable to attend salons, the internet is full of videos with detailed instructions, so you can afford yourself a brief massage whenever you utilize cream before sleep. They stimulate circulation, helps to maintain muscle tone and acts as a mild lifting treatment.
- Wash your face with cold water – it solidifies the pores and refreshes the skin, if you use it frequently it will assist in sealing tiny wrinkles and delay the course of aging. And when you apply creams always do it in upward movements. Also, eye cream should be applied with ring finger because it ensures the gentlest touch and lowest amount of pressure on the skin around eyes.