Thanksgiving is approaching, and you know what that means – it’s time to put on your stretchy pants, gather around the table with loved ones, and indulge in a feast that’s been months in the making. But in this age of social media, no holiday celebration is complete without capturing the perfect photo and pairing it with an incredible caption. After all, a picture may be worth a thousand words, but a caption can turn a great photo into an unforgettable one.
So, whether you’re an Instagram enthusiast, a Facebook addict, or just want to spruce up your family photo album, here are some tips for creating the perfect Thanksgiving captions.
- Gratitude is the Attitude:
Thanksgiving is all about expressing gratitude, so why not infuse your captions with a touch of appreciation? Whether it’s acknowledging the efforts of the family member who cooked the amazing meal or highlighting the things you’re most thankful for, let your caption reflect the true spirit of the holiday.
- Keep it Lighthearted:
Thanksgiving is a time for joy and celebration, so don’t be afraid to add a dash of humor to your captions. Whether it’s a funny take on your overindulgence or a punny wordplay related to the holiday, a light-hearted caption can put a smile on your friends’ faces.
- Words of Wisdom:
Thanksgiving is also an opportunity to reflect and share wisdom. Incorporate meaningful quotes or inspirational lines that resonate with the essence of the holiday. A thoughtful caption can make your photo even more captivating.
- Involve Friends and Family:
Thanksgiving is a time to come together, reunite with loved ones, and create lasting memories. Use your captions to celebrate these special connections. Mention the people who bring joy to your life, expressing appreciation for their presence during this holiday.
- Go Local:
If you’ve traveled to a new location or embraced a unique Thanksgiving tradition, leverage that in your caption. Whether you’re in a rustic countryside setting or exploring a new city, let your photo tell a visual story with a corresponding caption.
Remember, a great caption adds depth and dimension to your photos, transforming them from mere snapshots into cherished memories. Whether you choose to reflect gratitude, spread laughter, or share wisdom, let your Thanksgiving captions capture the essence of this special holiday.
So, dress up your photos, pour your creativity into your words, and let the world see your gratitude, joy, and love this Thanksgiving season. Let’s take a look at some captions you can use.
Thanksgiving captions for couples
- I love you a pumpkin spice latte.”
- “I’m so grateful for good times and you.”
- “Giving thanks for you all year round.”
- “Cutest pumpkin in the patch.”
- “Happiness is homemade.”
- Together is our favorite place to be.”
- “Falling in love with you more and more every day.”
- “There are so many beautiful reasons to be happy. You’re one of them.“
- “I love you a Pumpkin Spice Latte.”
- “I’m stuffed like a turkey but [he/she/they] [loves/love] me anyway.”
- “Even though I’m not traveling home to see my family this Thanksgiving, I have you and that’s enough.“
- “Autumn, coffee, and you.”
- “The snuggle is going to be real today.”
- “I love you to the fridge of food and back.”
- You’re the best and I’m the luckiest.”
- “Grateful for small things, big things, and everything in between.”
- “Today I’m thankful for the person who will gladly eat all of the leftovers off of my plate.”
- “Home is wherever I am with you.” — Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, “Home”
- “Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more.” — Melody Beattie
- “We were together. I forget the rest.” — Walt Whitman
- “Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be wonderful.” — Annette Funicello
- “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need, not more.” — Mother Teresa
- Home is wherever I am with you.” — Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, “Home”
- “Wherever you are, be all there.” — Jim Elliot
- “It’s always better when we’re together.” — Jack Johnson, “Better Together”
Funny thanksgiving captions
- Stuffed like the turkey.
- I couldn’t eat another bite…is that pie?
- Thanksgiving to do list: Eat, drink, nap, repeat.
- You butter be kidding me.
- Come for the turkey, stay for the sides.
- Thanksgiving dinner is a marathon, not a sprint.
- Happy Winesgiving.
- I get pie with a little help from my friends.
- Just keep eating, just keep eating.
- Let’s get basted
- Eat pie, drink wine, and be thankful.
- We’re all wearing sweats to Thanksgiving dinner, right?
- Already dreaming about leftovers.
- Stuffing is the glue that holds us all together.
- I’m just here for the food and the football!
- Red wine pairs best with my relatives.
- Another Thanksgiving, another day of dressing up for the living room!
- Nobody puts gravy in the corner.
- Turkey, wine, and feeling fine.
- Too stuffed to think of a caption.
- Too soon for leftovers? Asking for a friend.
- My job today: Official couch potato.
- Happy Piesgiving, folks!
- All about that baste.
- Eat hard, nap harder.
Happy thanksgiving captions
- Keep calm and gobble on.
- Clear plates, full stomachs, can’t lose.
- I’m thankful for elastic.
- Oh my gourd.
- I yam what I yam.
- Gourd times
- Hey there, cutie pie
- Eat, drink, and cranberry
- Touchdowns, tailgates, and turkey
- Keep your eyes on the pies
- Give thanks for a little and you will get a lot
- Can’t nobody tell me stuffin’
- Eat hard, nap harder
- Thanksgiving is the best — no ifs, ands, or butter about it
- Bake the world a better place
- “Give thanks today, and every day after.”
- “My heart is as full as my plate.”
- “Life is better when you’re thankful.”
- “Gratitude turns what we have enough.”
- “Together is a wonderful place to be.”
- Here’s to full plates and fuller hearts.”
- “Grateful for everything.”
- “Today is all about positive vibes.”
- “Blessed to have all this food.”
Thanksgiving Captions to God
- “Thank you God for everything in my life. The good and the bad. Some were blessings and some were lessons.” —Anonymous
- “It’s really nice to wake up in the morning realizing that God has given me another day to live. Thank you God.” —Anonymous
- “Thank you, dear God, for this good life, and forgive us if we do not love it enough.” —Garrison Keillor
- “Thank you God for giving me the strength to keep going.” —Anonymous
- “Thank you God for all your blessings to me and my family. For the strength, you give me each day and for all the people around me who make life more meaningful…” —Anonymous
- “Sometimes I just look up, smile and say, ‘I know that was you God!’ Thanks!” —Anonymous
- “God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say, ‘thank you’?” —William Arthur Ward
- “Thank you God for blessing me much more than I deserve.” —Anonymous
- “God will make a way when there seems to be no way. Thank you God.”
- “What I have done is worthy of nothing but silence and forgetfulness, but what God has done for me is worthy of everlasting and thankful memory.” —Joseph Hall
- “O Lord, who lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.” —William Shakespeare
- “God thank you for keeping me together when I’m falling apart.” —Anonymous
Thank You, God Captions
- Thank you God, for blessing me with good health and wealth in life.
- Thank you Lord, for happiness and wellness. I appreciate all you’ve done for me.
- Thank you, God, for always keeping my family and me safe. We are grateful.
- Dear God, thank you for all the countless blessings you have given me in every step of my life.
- This birthday, I’d like to thank God for the precious gift of life, health, and happiness.
- Thank you God for giving me another day, another chance to become a better individual, another chance to give and experience love.
- Thank you God! For being there for me, never leaving me and always loving me.
- Thank You, Lord, for blessing me with a beautiful life. I am forever grateful to you for this life.
- Thank you God for every second on this earth, of which I will never receive back. Please teach me to steward this life that You have given to me.
- Father, thank you that you are always smiling, arms wide open welcoming this sinner back into your embrace. Thank You for the joy it brings to share about You.
- Thank you for giving me free will to love and be loved, make my own decisions, learn from my mistakes, laugh when I am happy, and cry when I am sad.
- Thank You for the strength by prayer to turn from self-pity over jealousy. Thank You for the wisdom to rest to continue serving You.
- Thank You for still calling my name and loving me the same. My sins, you forgave. On that cross, my price You paid. Please help me understand the Gospel.
Thanksgiving captions about gratitude
- Gather and count your blessings.
- Gratitude is about recognizing what is instead of what isn’t.
- A grateful heart leads to a happy life.
- Happiness is what lies in simple abundance.
- Bountiful. Joyful. Gathering.
- Give thanks for food, friends and family.
- There’s no place like home on Thanksgiving.
- So thankful. Today and every day.
- There is always a reason to be thankful.
- Join us in counting our blessings this Thanksgiving.
- Home + Harvest = a Joyful Thanksgiving.
- Blessings and cheer, Thanksgiving is here.
- May the chairs around your table be filled with those you love.
- Be kind, generous and thankful.
- It only takes a little thanks to make a big difference.
- Give thanks for today’s blessings and tomorrow’s promise.
- Grace, goodness and giving.
- It’s not how big the table is, but who shares the feast.
- From our home to yours, Happy Thanksgiving.
- Thanksgiving wishes and blessings to you and yours
- Leaves are falling, Thanksgiving is calling.
- Thanksgiving is my happy place.
- Football, turkey, sleep then repeat.
- Did someone say leftovers?
- I’m channeling my inner green bean casserole
Thanksgiving captions about family
- “Some of the most important conversations I’ve ever had occurred at my family’s dinner table.” — Bob Ehrlich
- “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” — George Burns
- “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.” — Walt Whitman
- “Home is people. Not a place.” — Robin Hobb, “Fool’s Fate”
- “You are born into your family and your family is born into you. No returns. No exchanges.” — Elizabeth Berg, “The Art of Mending”
- “I sustain myself with the love of family.” — Maya Angelou
- “Family gathers to share good noise and good food. Gratitude abounds.” — Richelle E. Goodrich, “Making Wishes”
- “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.” — Desmond Tutu
- “Family is the most important thing in the world.” — Princess Diana
- “Never judge someone by their relatives.” — Charles Martin, “Chasing Fireflies”
Thanksgiving captions for Instagram
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Over the river and through the wood, to grandfather’s house we go.” — Lydia Maria Child, “Thanksgiving Day”
- “Shall welcome merry harvest, and bless the God that gives.” — Eliza Cook, “A Song for Merry Harvest”
- “Heaven be thanked for one more year, and our Thanksgiving turkey!” — George Parsons Lathrop, “Thanksgiving Turkey”
- “Let gratitude be the pillow upon which you kneel to say your nightly prayer.” — Maya Angelou
- “What if today we were just grateful for everything?” — Charlie Brown
- “We ought to make the moments notes / Of happy, glad Thanksgiving; / The hours and days a silent phrase / Of music we are living.” — Ella Wheeler Wilcox, “Thanksgiving”
- “As we express our gratitude we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter the words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
- “To give thanks in solitude is enough. Thanksgiving has wings and goes where it must go. Your prayer knows much more about it than you do.” — Victor Hugo
- “Practicing gratitude is how we acknowledge that there’s enough and that we’re enough.” — Brené Brown
- “I can’t cook a Thanksgiving dinner. All I can make is cold cereal maybe toast.” — Charlie Brown, “A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving”
- “I wanna let you know up front that I have some control issues in the kitchen.” — Schmidt, “New Girl”
- “You can’t have Thanksgiving without turkey. That’s like the 4th of July without apple pie or Friday with no two pizzas.” — Joey Tribbiani, “Friends”
- “This wine is awful. Get me another glass.” — Moira Rose, “Schitt’s Creek”
- “The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” — William Blake, “The Marriage of Heaven and Hell”